Did anyone see one of their concerts performing this duets?
   Or maybe we could ask Crawford? I have other CDs where CY is using a
plectrum.

Looking at the picture again, I would think the right side player is
playing the trebles (if this were that kind of song set) but I don't
know why. Maybe because his lute has the wider spacing (good for
plectrum, right?) Or maybe he looks more confident giving the tuning
pitch to his tenorista. Or maybe they're both supporting the fiddler?

Interesting that on the CD cover they look so perfect as a duo but the
painting really is a trio. And yes, it's a great CD. I've hunted down a
lot of those tunes and they really are that much fun to play. Albeit
slower ;^)