Tim, you mixed up Montagna and Mantegna, 2 entirely different artists.
A general "FYI" (and since you are not an alcoholic Finnish mezzosoprano
publisher of tacky guitar music with a pseudo-intellectual history of bonzai
lute and 2 cats: I am not bein ogre-ish.....)
Standard architectural perspective does NOT apply to a single human figure,
it has to be flattened out, lest look like a caricature. This is one of the
oldest (as old as the hills) rules of good draftsmanship.
Roman M. Turovsky
http://polyhymnion.org/swv