>My Hasenfuss- Weigert baroque is also "factory tuned", as a gambist joking
>told me. I hardly ever need to tune , especially if I don't change keys or
>if the weather is not too wet. I use a mixture of Aquila and Pyramid
>strings.
>
>(Ok, "hardly ever" means every two, three days, but I've just had a
>wonderful wine with a dessert which is a specialty from Piedmont and I feel
>quite optimistic...)

All I can say is I'm extremely envious of all you folks that live in
such stable climates. Kenneth will confirm the problems I have with
tuning, as he showed up for the set where I could not get my lute in
tune no matter what. Hey, I change my strings every decade whether
they need them or not! :-)

--
Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan