From: Arto Wikla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Edward Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Sent: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:27:00 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: lute outreach -tuning..

Dear all

Ed wrote:

> I have wondered if anyone had ever taken a lute out in flight & played for
> passengers!  Good show, Kenneth!

Well, not in aeroplane, but a couple of times in train, 10-course and
theorbo. Both got good comments, and especially the theorbo aroused lots
of interest...

And of course they asked the normal questions: How many strings, what does
it cost...  ;-)

Once I had the theorbo sitting on the next seat in an aeroplane, in its
case, and they asked what it would like to eat and drink...  ;)

Arto