>> This may be true of your art work, but certainly is not >>the case for
>> lute makers.
>Real luthiers are intelligent enough to see where the >originals were
>imperfect, both acoustically and aesthetically (note the >spelling for
future
>reference). Ditto real artists, hence no copying for me.

     Maybe it would help you to copy something, it can lay the ground work
for abstract crap.

>I use whole brain for that. In you microcephalic case it >would help to
drive
>to Santa-Fe to see some local kitsch to get  at least some >idea what a
>picture looks like

     Santa Fe is full of pop artist's who paint cowboy and Indian's for the
most part, you might fit right in.
     The exception is Georgia O'Keeffe. Whom BTW I had the honor to play
lute for one evening long ago.

>> BTW, is your Brunner a slavish copy?.
>No it is not. It has an Edlinger shell, my preference.
>RT
        Wow! I guess putting a Brunner triple head on a Edlinger shell is
not copying?  Then I guess I qualify as a luthieretic genius as well, by
putting a Brunner extension on my Widhalm.  Does that qualify me for your
special realm of true artist's?
Michael Thames
www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com