At 12:12 PM 4/20/2005, Roman Turovsky wrote:
>Liuto Forte is definitely too much. Mixing&Matching several Baroque styles
>is acceptable, because it was a sufficiently common practice.

Mixing and matching is related, but slightly different to my inquiry.  How
about only a slight but definite increase in soundbox size or profile to
arrive at a different resonant frequency or ergonomic functionality without
precedent in any extant period instrument?  Again, I am as happy to play
vihuela music on modern guitar as I am vihuela, so I'm not too personally
invested, just curious regarding the lute world's consensus.

Eugene