David wrote:

>I ask myself this one question about the Mozart Effect:  why Mozart?
>Why not the "Bach Effect"?  or the "Brahms Effect"? or any of the other
>names of composers?  The Wagner Effect:  now there's a thought...  Is
>it because these researchers have determined that Mozart is the best
>composer of all?  I'd like to see their "scientific" proof of that!  Or
>is it that Mozart works better in their experiments than any other
>composer?  Have they tried them all?  Of course not.

This is from the FAQ on the Mozart Effect web site;

Q.  Why is Mozart's music beneficial for learning and health?
A.  Mozart's music is the most popular and researched music for helping modify
attentiveness and alertness. The structural and not overly emotional expression
helps clarify time/space perception. It is not overstimulating and the
structures of the rondo, sonata-allegro form, and variation form are basic ways
in which the brain becomes familiar with the development and familiarity of
ideas. (See The Mozart Effect®, pages 27-30.)

The url for this site is

http://www.mozarteffect.com/MoreOnTME/FAQ.html

just in case anyone is interested in pursuing this further.

Regards,
Craig

Signup at www.doteasy.com