Thank you, Anthony, for your thoughtful and thought-provoking summary.

I believe musicians caught up in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
also have their share of problems, like oudist Samir Joubran, for
example, who cannot perform in most of the Arab world because he is
an Israeli citizen.  I have met two different Israeli singers (both
women, and their names escape me at the moment) who have had long-
term working relationships with Palestinian musicians.  One is here
in France, the other in Rome.

The organization I'm playing for now, J.A.DE, was founded to
demonstrate the many links among Mediterranean peoples in music,
poetry and dance. A lofty perhaps even naive proposal for some, but
it is something we can do.

Doc Rossi