Yes, the photostats made for Genèvieve Thibault, are now
in the Bibliothèque nationale. The unique Berlin copy of
Spinacino, long thought destroyed, was acknowledged by
Polish authorities to be in Cracow only about 15 years
ago.

In Brown's bibliography* ALL of the prints marked
"D:Bds (L)" [for "Germany: Berlin, Deutsche
Staatsbibliothek (Lost)"] have survived at the
Jagiellonska Library in Cracow (about 50 16th-century
titles).  When I was in Berlin, I
was able to consult the pre-war card catalogue in then
East Berlin, and made
a listing of all the lute prints and manuscripts that
had been in the former Prussian State Library, including
the
call-numbers.  When finally only about 15 years ago, the
Polish authorities admitted they had the Berlin
materials, I sent the list to an American guitarist
studying in Cracow. He confirmed that each and every
title was extant (except for an Adriannsen print).

At first there was confusion, because many of the
volumes were Sammelbände (bound volumes containing
several often unrelated prints).  When the collection
was catalogued, reputedly by Polish students, only the
first
item in each Sammelband was noted.  So through an
oversight, many prints
remained uncatalogued and were thought to have been
lost.  Also all of the manuscripts of lute music have
survived, and an inventory* by Dieter Kirsch was
published a few years ago.

So a third of the treasures of surely the most important
collection of music ever assembled were for forty+ years
thought to have been destroyed during World War II.
(These included Mozart's autograph manuscript for _Magic
Flute._)  I hope Stuart Walsh took a look when he was in
Cracow.  There's even some guitar music there, too.

*Howard Mayer Brown.
Instrumental Music printed before
1600: A bibliography. (Cambridge: Harvard U. Press,
1965).

This is a book that belongs on every lutenist's desk.
It is out-of-print but an on-demand reprint can be
acquired.  Perhaps someone can post the information
(David?).

**Dieter Kirsch and Lenz Meirott,
Berliner Lautentabulaturen in Krakau : beschreibender
Katalog der handschriftlichen Tabulaturen für Laute und
verwandte Instrumente in der Biblioteka Jagielloñska
Kraków aus dem
Besitz der ehemaligen Preussischen Staatsbibliothek
Berlin.
( Mainz ; New York : Schott, c1992), xxxiv, 432 p. :
ill., music ; 25 cm.
Schriften der Musikhochschule Würzburg ; Bd. 3.

NOTE: Catalog of intabulation incipits for lute, guitar
and related   plucked instruments from the middle of the
16th century (ms. 40154) until the end of the 18th
century (ms. 40150)

==ajn.