From: Anthony Hind [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 16 May 2007 16:23
To: Lute Net
Subject: [LUTE] vertical dyslexia?

Dear All
        Recently, I have noticed that I seem to be beginning to suffer
from
a sort of vertical dyslexia when reading tablature, even on pieces I
have played before. Suddenly, I become conscious of the fact that the
notation is the inverse, position-wise, of the actual strings (high
bottom-string at the top, etc.). At that moment, I feel slightly
dizzy (slight vertigo) and confused (well perhaps that might be my
natural state) and I become sort of literal and unable to use it as
an automatic trigger for note playing. I have to consciously ask
myself which string is being referred to. This seems to occur just
after there are successive notations with the same letter, but one on
a high string and the other on a low string. For a time, I can't seem
to get back into the automatic reading mode.
Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?
Regards
Anthony