Laura,
        I think you are right. I had been writing on the computer all
morning, and then put in a few hours on some lute pieces that I
hadn't played fro a while.
After sending my message, I put down the lute for an hour, and when I
began again, the problem had more or less gone. It must be a form of
computer based brain-overload.
Perhaps, the keyboard set-up has some hidden influence. I had also
been doing some number-based exercises with no particular
correspondence to courses.

Now when you mention Malbec, I did wonder whether my blood-alcohol
level might not have fallen to a dangerous low. I had no Malbec, so I
swigged some yellow Savagnin, my own cèpage of choice.
Cheers (I think I can safely say here, with out the fear of passing
for an Esturian),
Anthony