--- Jaros³aw Lipski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Besides I am not sure what is the
> influence of this position on
> the projection - you stand above sitting people and
> the lute is lightly
> tilted towards the ceiling (you don't have the piece
> of strap that you
> normally seat on) so that the sound goes above their
> heads.

I actually think it helps with projection.  When using
a music stand, you can put it much lower so that the
sound goes over it.  When you sit, you may also have
the music pretty low, but standing up gives you an
additional benefit; the stand can be even lower and
you can physically bend down if you have trouble
reading a section.

As for moving around - I've never gotten a complaint
from anyone saying that it was inappropriate but, as I
mentioned in a previous post, many folks have told me
how much they enjoy watching my "dancing" even though
I don't do it consciously.

Chris