Just checked on my Mac as well. A problem indeed, both Acrobat and Preview. No problem on the PC though, but I have the font in question there.
RT
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Brohinsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Roman Turovsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:48 PM
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: mandora/gallichon music

Mine is pretty far from Stuart's, and I get the same message and black
balls everywhere a character should be on the music pages.

The demo copy of django doesn't have an external font file, either.
Maybe this is something that requires that the PDF be regenerated, or
maybe the original Django.ttf (if such existed) could be made
available?

On Jan 22, 2008 5:21 PM, Roman Turovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Try a different PDF reader.
RT

> There is a pdf of music for gallichon (Brescianello )on this page:
>
> http://luth-librairie.ifrance.com/
>
> but it needs the 'django' font. Do you have to pay for this font or do
> you have to own the 'Django' software?
>

> I've come across some mandora/gallichon music, also of Brescianello, in
> pdf form by Michael Treder which is fine.
>

> I have the Brussells MS of mandora music and I have access to the Tree
> edition mandora MS (that was a bit of a surprise!). Are there any other
> reasonably accessible sources of mandora/gallichon music?
> Linda Sayce gave a talk to the Lute Society a few years ago and listed
> many sources of music for the instrument. But (from a British
> perspective) they look rather inaccessible.

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com