It is a font problem. Spotlight found a zip file for me somewhere on my hard drive, Django-fontes.zip which contains two fonts. I doubleclicked and installed these in Leopard and the Brescianello works just fine.

I do not believe that I obtained these illegally, therefore I am prepared to share.

This file contains two fonts,