Ghostview for PC,
Preview for Mac.
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stuart Walsh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Roman Turovsky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [LUTE] mandora/gallichon music

Roman Turovsky wrote:
Try a different PDF reader.
RT

There are other things than Adobe's Acrobat? I'll give them a go. Can you suggest one?

There is a pdf of music for gallichon (Brescianello )on this page:

http://luth-librairie.ifrance.com/

but it needs the 'django' font. Do you have to pay for this font or do you have to own the 'Django' software?

I've come across some mandora/gallichon music, also of Brescianello, in pdf form by Michael Treder which is fine.

I have the Brussells MS of mandora music and I have access to the Tree edition mandora MS (that was a bit of a surprise!). Are there any other reasonably accessible sources of mandora/gallichon music? Linda Sayce gave a talk to the Lute Society a few years ago and listed many sources of music for the instrument. But (from a British perspective) they look rather inaccessible.

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
            http://www.doteasy.com