-----Original Message-----
From: Taco Walstra [mailto:wals...@science.uva.nl]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 9:51 AM
To: hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk; lutelist
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Staff notation software - views?

On Friday 13 February 2009, Martyn Hodgson rattled on the keyboard:
>    I'm sorry for introducing a non-lute note into these communications,
>    but I'd be grateful for views on the best FREE computer software for
>    writing staff notation; ie something like Sibelius or Finale, but
>    free.  I've tried Muscore which, seems to me, to have some problems but
>    perhaps it's the best there is?
>
>    MH
>
>    --
>
>For Free software you need to look into the open source world and this often
>means quit using windows and start with Linux.
????

I have been using freeware like MikTeX, ghostview, tab, compilers, tools, .. on
Windows NT and XP for MANY years now.

>All these programs do not run easily on windows, but it's possible to install
>even on windows or apple OS a virtual pc with linux where you can run this.
This is not true.
In the past installing Lilypond on a Windows system was a nightmare but now it
is very easy.

Best wishes,

Rainer aus dem Spring

IT & Business Solutions Division

Tel.:   +49 211-5296-355
Fax.:   +49 211-5296-405
SMTP:   rspringaus...@tee.toshiba.de

CONFIDENTIALITY DISCLAIMER
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.

You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose outside of any
NDA currently existing between Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH and yourselves.

Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH
Hansaallee 181 - 40549 Duesseldorf - Germany
Phone: +49 (211) 5296-0 - Fax: +49 (211) 5296-400

Handelsregister Duesseldorf HRB 22487
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Hitoshi Otsuka
Amtsgericht Duesseldorf