Another nice facility of the full version of Finale over the very severely
limited Finale Notepad is that the full version of Finale does have a
fully-functional "Rapid Entry" tool based entirely upon keystrokes.  With a
little practice, the basics of notation move very quickly with it.

..And did I mention that the pared down Notepad is no longer free!?  As a
free download, Finale Notepad served purpose as an introduction to notation
software.  Personally, I don't think paying anything at all for Notepad is
warranted.  I'd favor darkly penciled staff paper and a decent scanner over
actually paying for Notepad.

Best,
Eugene