If saving the time is at issue, by all means - computer way. I used pen
(actually - pencil - much faster) - paper - copier for years and years. To
produce a one average 12 stave page simple part with a fair number of 16ths
than someone else besides self will be able to read took about 30 minutes. Then
i tried a few programs, and went by reducing the time needed, with results
improved. The same part on Lilypond takes me now under 5 minutes (no bluffing
here, - i have set the keyboard with note names under left fingers and values
in the right, and have templates for every possible set-up prepared, just enter
the notes). The learning curve (though the improvement never actually stops) to
produce the very first good part, was about two - three hours.
The advantages are: an immediate redesign of number of pages, sizes, line
breaks, bars- no  bar lines, ad intinitum, and the whole library of music on a
flash drive. Now i just keep a printer in the rehearsal room, and no one
complains about my handwriting!
alexander