I don't know if it was the same concert, but I remember him playing an
   all DeVise concert at a Lute Seminar Dominican College. Someone told me
   later he had injured a finger and played the whole concert with three
   fingers. I think nobody noticed any flaws. I think Paul Odette started
   off the week playing a lot of Dalza on a little lute. I remember you
   remarking to him how it was very folk-like in spirit.