My only experience is with his first generation loadeds from some
years ago. I still have one in use as the 7th course fundamental on
my Chambure copy (yes, a 7 course vihuela) and it's absolutely fine.
I got one (!) pair of matching loadeds for the unison 6th that were
enough in tune with each other up the 5th fret and almost tolerable
to the 7th, but in the end slight falseness- in relation to each
other- and the buzzing caused me to drop them. In my case, unisons
could be expected to buzz pretty easily. The 7th course w/octave
string is no problem. For the 6 and 5, I am finding Dan Larson's
pistoys to be entirely satisfactory. Also for the 7th course
fundamental at F on my new Larson 8 course- but I miss the clarity of
the loaded gut which his Pistoys do not quite equal yet for a low D-
I may rob the vihuela of that remaining loaded gut for the 8th on the
lute, as I am playing it a lot more than my other instruments.

  I am surprised that you can make loaded gut work as high as the 5th
course; I found them to be too bright, and impossible to get unisons
that were in tune with each other. But so far nothing beats them for
diapasons on single pegbox lutes of 9 to 13 courses.

Didn't notice any tension requirements different from my other
strings; and I string light- almost as light as Toyohiko, but not
quite. Are you using his new generation loadeds, or still using old
survivors?

Dan