How different is that from Larson's "Gimp" strings- a wire embedded &
twisted into his Pistoy high twist bass gut strings? He offers copper
and silver, among others. For a while he used gold wire. Out of sight
now, of course. They were fabulous; I had two at one time- they did
service as 5 & 6 on my bass viol and then worked out even better as
7th & 8th courses on a 72 cm. bass lute I once had.

A report on the Asian strings would be interesting.

Dan

--
Rachel Winheld
820 Colusa Avenue