On 08/05/2011 11:31, David van Ooijen wrote:

  Some of the
movements from Poulenc's piano suite with dances from Gervaise (can't
remember it's called) I arranged for lute as well, and pair them with
the 'original' dances. Here I feel the dissonances work quite well on
lute; they don't feel gratuitous to me. ;-)

They sound interesting! I used to really like those pieces. Any chance of seeing your arrangements?

I've been trying to revive my faltering efforts at playing with a plectrum and playing these fine tunes from Gervaise. Maybe a simple lute arrangement of the bottom three lines and the tune on a treble plectrum-plucked instrument would sound OK. (And, of course there are the four-course guitar versions too - old and new)

Stuart