No, guitar procuces a lot less overtones.
Hence the "silver sound" of them lutes.
RT

From: "Edward Mast" <nedma...@aol.com>
Roman, what you say about the consonances in the lute overtones is interesting. For those of us less familiar with the characteristics of both lute and guitar overtones, could you elaborate a bit about the differences? Are you saying that the guitar produces more dissonances in its overtone series?
Thanks,   Ned