no, baroque lute requires a lot less physical labor: fewer notes, more space between them.
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "brentlynk" <brentl...@bellsouth.net>
To: "sterling price" <spiffys84...@yahoo.com>; <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:26 AM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Mace

Hi, Sterling and Ed,

Part of me wants to believe you when you say baroque lute is easier, and I do recall having read that...the chords do seem easier than chord fingerings in renaissance tuning. However, part of me is wondering if you are kidding me? :-)
If you are, I think it's great and I don't mind a bit...

Warm regards,
Brent