To: "brentlynk" <brentl...@bellsouth.net>
Cc: "sterling price" <spiffys84...@yahoo.com>; <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:37 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Mace

  I think with the Ren lute it is easier to play a reasonable beginner
  piece more quickly than with the baroque lute. Once the right hand
  thumb gets trained on the baroque lute, then I think it is the easier
  instrument for medium and high difficulty works. It's really a case of
  what is more difficult for you and the size of your hands and fingers:
  scrunched together left hand chords on the Ren lute or a flying right
  hand thumb (with or without damping) on the baroque lute.
  Danny

  On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM, brentlynk