This is an amazing source. V. Galilei could apparently write a galliard or variation as easily as we could fill in a daily crossword puzzle. I think I counted 200 variations on the Romanesca in every conceivable key (or for every size lute all in the same key) and the galliards are wonderful. Vincenzo writes in a clearly legible hand (i- tab, of course) although there is some unfortunate water damage making some passages difficult though not impossible. It also includes an informative introduction by Orlando Cristoforetti in Italian and English. Being a SPES edition it's relatively inexpensive.

Sean