You need one of these:

   [1]http://www.friendsoffreedom.com/Friends/Rankin/Mark_Rankin.html

   On Jan 19, 2012, at 8:12 AM, Dominic Robillard wrote:

     Hi luters,
     Bartolotti starts with  a passacaille in book I. Each passacaille
     modulates to a different key.  Was he ahead of Wagner?  Were
   performers
     of passacailles through all keys allowed to stop to tune, and change
     fret spacing within a work?  Was that okay and normal for the
   audience?
     Was there an audience?   Equal temperament sounds so bad, it just
   can't
     be.
     I refuse to stop using meantone, 1/6, but I can't seem to get passed
     the 4th fret on my guitar.  How many tastinos will it take?  I was
   told
     by pros, including Stubbs, that things get looser up there, but I
   think
     that is just continuo talk.  Even playing Sanz  doesn't pan out, can
     anyone help?
     Dominic