Hi Bill,

Certainly Jim Tyler would be the most well known (at least as a performer) of
Iadone's students.  But I don't know if there is any similarity in playing
styles - I haven't really heard Tyler.  Chris williams studied with Iadone and
recorded a bit with the NY Pro Musica, as did Lucy Cross.  But Iadone was a
unique musician; the only comparisons that come to mind are musicians such as
Art Tatum or Oscar Peterson.  He developed that kind of rhythmic excitement.  I
attended some of the summer music workshops that he directed, and never had a
lute lesson or heard a lute solo.  All ensemble work, singing, theory, or lute
songs, and of course faculty and student concerts - but no solos.  A different
emphasis.

Best,

Ned