On 05/08/2013 11:54 AM, t...@heartistrymusic.com wrote:
    The attitude of violinists, etc.

    who prefer Brahms seems to be one of disdain for EM.

Of course, as one who prefers EM, I feel the same way about Brahms, etc.

We used to have a small EM ensemble here, mostly because we enjoyed getting together to play music. Every spring for a number of years we presented a concert which was generally well received, i.e. we filled our small hall. One year it turned out that the Music Academy had a concert scheduled for the same evening, which we hadn't realized when we set the date. We still filled the hall.

When our group disbanded (for various reasons) people were disappointed that we were not putting on our usual concert and kept asking about it.

So there are some places where EM (and lute) draw some interest.

Stephen Fryer