On Aug 5, 2013, at 4:37 PM, Mark Seifert <seifertm...@att.net> wrote:

> Are you a piano player as well as a lute enthusiast?

No, and my guitarist's repertoire of derogatory comments about the piano is now
used only to annoy my keyboard-playing wife.  There's an upright piano and a
Flemish double-manual harpsichord in our front room.

Over the years, I've written a good number of program notes for piano recitals,
and the first thing a professional writer has to do is take the music on its
terms.  The annotator has to appreciate the music he writes about.