To: "Lutelist" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 1:28 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: Bartolotti's continuo treatise

On 27/02/14 3:43 AM, William Samson wrote:
    Not that I know anything about it, but the name 'chittarone' seems
    give the game away.  The very idea has me salivating!   Mighty
    rasgueados on the theorbo, anyone?

I attended a concert by the Venice Baroque Orchestra in Santa Barbara
recently and was surprised by the amount of rasgueado strumming by their
theorbo player.  He even had a pick guard installed on his instrument!

Geoff

--
Geoff Gaherty
Foxmead Observatory