In other words, because the only two ethnic/cultural groups that had any rhythm were invited to leave the premises at once. It was said that when all the Jewish & Moorish doctors, scholars, scientists, and artists & academics showed up on his doorstep, the Sultan of Turkey asked "Has the King of Spain lost his mind?"

Lacking some rhythm myself, I do enjoy the all the great vihuela music a lot- but even I have to sometimes "move" over to Italy & Germany for a little jumping around.

Dan