   From: Jelma van Amersfoort <jel...@gmail.com>
   Sent: 04 October 2016 21:51
   To: MJ Hodgson
   Subject: Re: [LUTE] Creating a short score from pdf full score

   Hello Martyn,
   I do exactly what you describe, without partifi, by opening the
   original file in acrobat reader, and using a ‘grab’ tool to select the
   part of the screen I want (I believe some versions of acrobat have an
   embedded grab function to copy part of the image). I then use copy and
   paste to paste the selection/image into Word or other word processor or
   drawing programme. This works very fast for me. I then print out the
   word files.
   Alternatively, if you have a midi or finale source file of the 165 page
   score (from for instance IMSLP) you can very quickly extract a bass
   part or an enriched bass part with a few additional voices using
   Finale.
   Best, Jelma van Amersfoort