Hi Anthony,

The Cleveland "tiorbino" is a puzzle. The current bridge shows 6x2 + 8x1, but there are 14 pegs in the lower pegbox and 8 in the upper. My best guess is that in its original form it was a 11c liuto attiorbato, 7x2 and 4x2. The string length of around 61cm for the petit jeu seems consonant with this proposal. Looking at the photos it seems to me that the current bridge is not original.

Best wishes,

Martin