If you are able to read German, there is also "Lautenbau" by Ekkehard
Sachs, an engineer and avid luthier.

His book covers many lute construction aspects, also the one in
question. I did not regret buying it.

On 01.07.19 16:40, Ron Andrico wrote:
    It seems excessively harsh to state that "We need to be wary of
    statements in Lundberg’s book, inasmuch as he died without finishing
    it...".  My reference to Lundberg's comments were gleaned personal
    conversation with Lundberg.  Yes, he was working hard on completing the
    book before he passed, and he very likely would have made further
    refinements, but the book was really a distillation of lengthy series
    of highly detailed articles previously published in American Lutherie,
    the quarterly journal of the Guild of American Luthiers.  It is unkind
    to call into question an entire important body of work due to a
    sentence that was likely misplaced by a hasty editor.  Apply your
    standard to other publications out there and we are compelled to
    discount the value of many works that have been given monumental status
    despite being rife with errors.  Francesco.

    RA