Geez, speaking of not editing and not knowing what someone is trying to say…
Here’s my last post corrected so as not to be gibberish, or at least not
obviously gibberish:

We need to be wary of statements in Lundberg’s book, inasmuch as he died
without finishing it and the publisher(s) chose to present it as is, although
there are some things in it that he could not possibly have meant, such as “The
one lute-family instrument being built during this period is the theorbo.”  (p.
12) He seems to have been referring to the period from 1600-1680, but there was
never a time for which that statement would be true.  I don’t know what he was
trying to say.