Milan has 6 vilancicos in Portuguese language. For the first three
   (Quien amores ten, Falai mina amor, Poys dezeys que me quereis ben), he
   says "aqui empieçan los vilancicos portugueses" (here begin the
   portuguese vilancicos). For second set (Levayme amor, Um cuidado que
   mia vida ten, Perdida tenyo la color), he says "aqui empieçan los
   vilancicos en portugues" (here begin the vilancicos in portuguese).
   Maybe this means nothing about their authorship…

   For the use of the lute in Portugal, you can read "Le luth au Portugal
   aux XVe et XVIe siècles:
   <[1]https://www.academia.edu/5981904/Le_Luth_au_Portugal_Manuel_Morais>

   Happy 2020!

   Joaquim

   No dia 02/01/2020, às 11:56, Tristan von Neumann