"Only one chord" :)

With that number of chords that's something totally different.

But I suspect that passamezzo is indeed a blanket term.

Pacoloni has many different "passamezzi", some even on chanson models.

The common thing is the cyclic variation.

Later, the Ciacona is used as a blanket term as well, so much so that
the Passacaglia is a Ciacona in Mattheson's definition.

Bach's Chaconne is both "Ciacona" and "Passacaglia".