I have heard the terminology ‘composite top' and 'sandwich top' in
   addition to ‘double top', and they all refer to similar construction,
   although the earliest ‘double top' guitars used a layer of a hexagonal
   synthetic material called Nomex in between the two paper thin layers on
   wood.

   A. John Mardinly, Ph.D., P.E.
   Classical Guitarist/Lutenist

   On Mar 25, 2020, at 9:56 AM, Joachim Lüdtke <[1]jo.lued...@t-online.de>