I'm sympathetic to this effort. Worst than the model being broken,
it's copyright law and specially It's practice that's broken.
IADNAL also. In our circumstances, I don't know of any solution that
achieve the desired goals and provides an valid copyright. IADNAL

I'm reading this to educate myself:
http://opensource.org/faq
http://softwarefreedom.org/resources/2012/ManagingCopyrightInformation.html
http://producingoss.com