No worries, the feedback is appreciated.

One of my goals was to explicitly avoid listing authors in files
because of how ambiguous the rules are on it. First, there's the
obvious case of what you hold copyright *on*. The file? The lines you
wrote/modified? What if you only fixed a couple of typos? What if you
rewrote the entire file - can previous authors hold copyright over
something where none of their work still exists? What if the structure
still exists but the code doesn't? etc...

I'm hoping an AUTHORS file could solve this in three ways at once:
 - Maintain a centralized list of authors which is regularly updated
(eg. every release)
 - Allow a header for prominent contributors (eg. maintainers, large
contributors, sponsors etc)
 - Officially defer to `git blame` and `git log` for true copyright ownership.

Maybe it's specifically the line "Copyright (c) LXQt contributors"
that's making people uneasy. I'd be OK with taking it out entirely, as
the rest of the header already defers to the AUTHORS file for
copyright information.