Steven> There will be a main toolkit which will replace Xforms though,
Steven> isn't it?  Instead of replacing Qt with my own toolkit I would
Steven> prefer if LyX would use a toolkit that already is suitable for
Steven> Winxx. Someone who is involved with the Cygwin development
Steven> pointed out that V might be a good choice, since there is
Steven> already Cygwin support and it is available for "X Athena, X
Steven> Motif/Lesstif, all Windows platforms, and now includeing
Steven> OS/2".

It is not clear yet whether we will keep xforsm or not. Currently, we
still use it, but it *might* be replaced with a lightweight (and
avalable for winXX) toolkit like fltk. I guess it will depend on the
speed on which people develop the different toolkits... If somebody
does a really good V port, this port might win over the others. Some
kind of natural selection.