I have recently looked at wxwin/wxgtk again and it may solve the
entire problem as it provides an interface to a variety of platforms.
THey may never come up with a qt port as the qt license prohibits writing
a wrapper around it.
Anyway, they have ports to Win,Motif, Gtk and Mac...
Wouldnt that be sweet Lyx native on the Mac....

Roland

On 11-Feb-99 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Steven> There will be a main toolkit which will replace Xforms though,
> Steven> isn't it?  Instead of replacing Qt with my own toolkit I would
> Steven> prefer if LyX would use a toolkit that already is suitable for
> Steven> Winxx. Someone who is involved with the Cygwin development
> Steven> pointed out that V might be a good choice, since there is
> Steven> already Cygwin support and it is available for "X Athena, X
> Steven> Motif/Lesstif, all Windows platforms, and now includeing
> Steven> OS/2".
>
> It is not clear yet whether we will keep xforsm or not. Currently, we
> still use it, but it *might* be replaced with a lightweight (and
> avalable for winXX) toolkit like fltk. I guess it will depend on the
> speed on which people develop the different toolkits... If somebody
> does a really good V port, this port might win over the others. Some
> kind of natural selection.
>
> JMarc

Roland Krause
Visiting Research Associate - Center for Computational Mechanics
Washington University, Saint Louis
Roland Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>