Roland> All Wxwin ports are native, so speed is not an issue, afaict.
Roland> Code bloat is something you will get anyway, either it's your
Roland> own code that is becoming bloatet, which means the maintenance
Roland> problem is on you, or it is the toolkit code thats bloatet,
Roland> then the problem is on the toolkit developers.

Another point is that what KDE and/or Gnome need is not a Qt/Gtk
application, but a full blown K/G application. And they want to be
able to use whichever nifty widget their library provides. I'm not
sure WxWindows provides that.

However, the core LyX developpers will probably not do all these
ports. This means that the choice of toolkit will also depend from the
people willing to do it.

And last, there a re plan for a curses frontend. I doubt that
wxwindows provides this one.