Miyata> No, I didn't know that.  If you are not using main stream
Miyata> systems like MS Windoze or Linux, some of the informations are
Miyata> not so easy to obtain.  I really think he should have
Miyata> announced these stuffs here, since lyx-devel list accepts post
Miyata> from non-subscriber.

That's indeed a bit strange.

Miyata> So Japanese can be displayed/edited on LyX.

How large is the patch? Did this need a lot of work?

Miyata> His work on XOM is really great.  I will ask him to join 1.1
Miyata> development when I get the idea of the patch better.

That's really good news.