"Arnd Hanses" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1. Please do not reformat source code when you are going to take diffs.
   Your patch is not readable!  (and I cannot comment well.)
2. Please do not use 1.0.3 as the codebase.  Lars has already
incorporated
   some of the changes you have proposed in the CVS repositry.  It is
   really important to distinguish what's the meat.
(BTW Lars made a typo temppath <-> tempath, so 1.0.4pre4 doesn't
compile.)

> Besides numerous small changes to improve readability and supress unnnec=
> essary parameters, I tried to
> wrap most system specific code into small 'inline static' helper functio=
> ns, that take 'const'
> parameters and get hopefully mostly optimized out, when the respective '=
> #ifdef __EMX__' does not apply
> to your box. I moved LString method lowercase() and my later additions f=
> rom LString class to non-member
> functions, so as not to 'clutter up LString even more'.

The "inline" keyword is meaningless since you are using it in *.C

> The one major change was an access warning with double try to remove LyX=
> -tmp files. This is important
> in overcrowded and unresponsive networks and on small OS/2-EMX partition=
> s with reduced free storage
> place. I found it especially annoying that EMX (in an effort to be a bet=
> ter unix than unix, as someone
> said) forbids LyX any access  (marking for deletion), if a tmp-file is p=
> reviewed or otherwise accessed
> by any process. This always left me with extremely *huge* piles of garba=
> ge. Now the solution here is a
> warning to wake up the EMX-security officer, so to unlock the locked fil=
> es and try to remove
> afterwards.

I don't think trying to remove files twice help.  Besides, if some app
locks a file, then it has reasons to do this.  It is not LyX's
responsibility to outact the system integrity with a cheat.  If you
are talking about dvipm, then you can configure it not to lock dvi
files (dvipm.dlg file must not be in the LyX-tmp dir, since this
file will be locked instead.)

Regards,
        SMiyata