On 28 Aug 1999 14:28:11 +0900, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Now I'm confused.  You are now talking about dvi update, right?
>But your patch modified the behaviour of DestroyTmpDir() which is called
>only when LyX is quitting.  What problem(s) are you intending to solve?

Well,

it's not difficult to see that I don't exactly know what I'm talking
about.
Else I wouldn't have asked.

DestroyLyXTmpDir is called in QuitLyX() of lyx_cb.C, but also
in buffer.C is a destructor method

        Buffer::~Buffer()
[...]
                if (!tmppath.empty()) {
                        DestroyBufferTmpDir(tmppath);
                }
[...]

I'm not sure, only suspect this destructor runs sometimes before LaTeX
is invoked.

Greets,
        Arnd