Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Georg Baum wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 21:36 schrieb Abdelrazak Younes:
>>
>>> Hum... That's what I feared. We have eliminated all important
>>> bottlenecks in LyX. Remains the Qt ones. I don't understand why the
>>> QPainter::drawText() is so slow on Mac.
>>>
>>> There's maybe some Mac specific settings that we should set to speed up
>>> things. Maybe limit the number of colors to 256 or something like that...
>> Don't forget that Bennet is using a self compiled qt, and that he links LyX
>
> Which version does Bennet use?
> Maybe TT has in the meantime done its home work.

BTW, by default Q.../win is compiled with /O1 in release mode.

Abdel, do I see your eyes widening? ;)

To compile it with /O2 change in qt4/mkspecs/win32-msvc2005/qmake.spec
the line with QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE.

A qmake + 'nmake release' in src/core and src/gui should minimize the recompile.

--
Peter Kümmel