>> The next question: The clipboard stack is not really a "paste
>> recent" stack: If you copy something in LyX without pasting it is
>> nevertheless added, and anything that is pasted but comes from
>> outside (selection or clipboard) is not added. That means that it
>> is a bit inconsistent. To make it consistent, we could decouple the
>> stack from the clipboard and always fill it on paste. The only
>> disadvantage I see in doing so is that items that you only copy do
>> not appear anymore in the stack. Opinions?

Abdelrazak> IMHO, what is important is what you paste not what you
Abdelrazak> copy. So I think "paste recent" should only present what
Abdelrazak> have been pasted recently regardless of what has been
Abdelrazak> copied. I often change my mind when I hit C-c and I don't
Abdelrazak> want all those tentative to show up in the menu. So I'd
Abdelrazak> say decouple.

I like the current behaviour personally. It may need a rename, but I
do not think it is wrong.

>>  Fake X selection for windows and Mac: The patch I originally sent
>> is not needed anymore if the patch x.diff in this message is
>> applied, since then the internal selection is always used if
>> available. If we want to paste the clipboard with the middle mouse
>> button on systems that don't have a selection then we should do it
>> like the patch fake-selection.diff. This is against the "simple
>> mental model" of the selection, so I don't like it, but if windows
>> users agree that this is useful I won't object.

Abdelrazak> I personally like it and I am sure others will (and Enrico
Abdelrazak> will be the first ;-)). But I could live without and just
Abdelrazak> using mouse-click plus Ctrl-v.

The real native method is selection drag-and-drop on windows, isn't it?