Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
"Abdelrazak" == Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Abdelrazak> My idea would be to cache the translated text instead of
Abdelrazak> translating each time updateLabels() is called. But I am
Abdelrazak> not sure I can do that on untranslatable layouts.

This is a problem with multiple languages. I _think_ the problem is
that switching language is expensive with gettext (I am not sure
gettext is designed to change languages very often, like we do).

I think you're right.

If this is the case, then we could cache string/lang pairs.

You mean at gettext.[Ch] level? Yes, that would be a perfect solution that would work all other strings. Good idea.

Abdel.